Pages

Thursday 1 November 2018

My poem

poem beach. By Maselino glenbrae school      


You and I with hats and pails, walked the shore in search of snails, starfish, crabs and things that hide, inside the pools left by the tide
We climbed across the wave-worn rocks kicked off our shoes, peeled off our socks, and peered into a water world
A crab played hide and seek, I scooped him up and took a peek. He snapped his claws. I set him free, wondering what he thought of me
Before the racing sea could swell with CRASH, and SPLASH, and BASH, and BOOM, and swallow up this living room.  

Image result for tonga flag
Image result for tonga beach

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maselino,

    Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where we're in the middle of a cold, snowy winter. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I notice that you've written a poem about the beach. Perhaps you're at a beach having fun today!

    I think you might enjoy doing some of the activities in the Summer Learning Journey because there are lots of opportunities to be creative, to write a poem or story. And there are many activities that teach us things that are special about New Zealand and about other places as well. The theme is "The World Around Us" and there certainly are amazing things to know about our big world. So please think about participating in the program - many of your classmates are and you might enjoy blogging with them too! I'll read your blogs in the future and write back to you! Here's the website: www.summerlearningjourney.co.nz

    I hope you're having a great summer holiday!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.